After the 48 hour period, you’re safe to shower again. It’s a myth that you should never get your eyelash extensions wet once having a new set, in-fact quite the opposite! Top tip: When showering, don’t position your head in the full strength of water flow. Let the water instead run down your face.
How can I shower without getting my eyelash extensions wet?
As long as you have a lukewarm shower and avoid getting water on your face, then you don’t need to avoid having a shower for 24 hours. Furthermore, take note to avoid rubbing the lashes in the shower and gently comb them with the spoolie afterwards, to reposition them into place.
What happens if you cry after getting eyelash extensions?
Lash extensions are water-resistant. It is very important to not cry during the process as crying can spread the glue/vapors causing irritation. Crying during the process will also make it very difficult for the glue to dry and bond the extension to your lashes.
What happens if I get my lashes wet before 24 hours?
If you accidentally exposed the lashes to water before you were supposed to – the glue is overloaded with moisture and dries immediately. This means that the lash extension hasn’t properly formed a bond with your natural lash and causes it to fall off.
Do and don’ts after eyelash extensions?
Lash Extensions: Do’s and Don’ts According to an Expert
- DON’T get your extensions wet for 24-48 hours after application. …
- DO make sure your lash artist uses individual lashes, NOT clusters. …
- DON’T use oily products near your eyes. …
- DO take care of your natural lashes. …
- DON’T forget to brush your lashes.
Can I shower with hair extensions?
Once you tape-in your extension, you will need to give it at least 48 hours if you intend to take a shower with them on. This will allow the extension to hold better hence stay longer. if you need to get them wet within a shorter period, consult your hair stylist to find out if they have any applicable suggestions.
How do you wash your face with eyelash extensions?
After Care for Eyelash Extensions
- Be gentle. …
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.