Oil can cause the glue in your extensions to break down, so you should always look for oil-free makeup products. In addition to using oil-free makeup, you need to make sure that your makeup remover and daily skin regimen are oil-free (or with the lowest possible oil content) as well.
How do you wash your face with eyelash extensions?
After Care for Eyelash Extensions
- Be gentle. …
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.
How do you shower with eyelash extensions?
After the 48 hour period, you’re safe to shower again. It’s a myth that you should never get your eyelash extensions wet once having a new set, in-fact quite the opposite! Top tip: When showering, don’t position your head in the full strength of water flow. Let the water instead run down your face.
What makeup should I wear with eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are sensitive to oil. Oil can cause the glue in your extensions to break down, so you should always look for oil-free makeup products.
What makeup remover is safe for eyelash extensions?
Oil-free eye makeup remover should be used to remove any makeup, like the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water. Eyeshadow and eyeliner can also be applied as long as it is oil-free and removed daily.
Do and don’ts for eyelash extensions?
Lash Extensions: Do’s and Don’ts According to an Expert
- DON’T get your extensions wet for 24-48 hours after application. …
- DO make sure your lash artist uses individual lashes, NOT clusters. …
- DON’T use oily products near your eyes. …
- DO take care of your natural lashes. …
- DON’T forget to brush your lashes.