Neither just air-drying nor just blow-drying is healthy for your hair. The best way to keep your locks luscious and healthy is to do a combination of the two. It is recommended that you let your hair air-dry 70-80% of the way and then blow-dry until completely dry.
Is it better to let your hair dry naturally?
Sounds like a case for air-drying, but get this: The study found that while the heat of a dryer can cause more damage than not using one, using a hair-dryer at the right distance and temperature can actually cause less damage than letting hair air-dry. … First, let your hair dry naturally, about 70-80% of the way dry.
What is the best way to dry your hair without damaging it?
The best way to dry your hair is to do a little combination of towel drying and then blow drying or air drying. This way the majority of the moisture is absorbed with a soft and smooth towel, which protects your hair and is very efficient at removing water.
What is the best thing to dry your hair with?
Our editors’ picks include the Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel and Breezy Tee Jersey T-Shirt Hair Towel. And lastly, Everett notes that air drying is always going to be the healthiest way to dry your hair. “Since we seldom have the time, I recommend adding leave-in conditioner and moisturizer to your hair.
Why is it bad to air dry your hair?
When you air dry your hair, you’re maximizing the amount of time that your hair retains moisture. This can be harmful to your hair over the years. “You can create damage from air drying due to constant water exposure,” Melissa Peverini, celebrity hairstylist and Cricket Ambassador, tells Bustle.
Is Cold air bad for hair?
Winter can be seriously hard on hair. Cold, dry air, harsh weather, and everything that comes with it can make your hair dehydrated and more prone to breakage than the warmer months.
How can I dry my hair in 5 minutes?
Blast your hair until its about 80% dry using only your fingers then use your brush to dry the other 20%. Use the nozzle of the hair dryer to smooth thick hair by sending the hot air downwards. For all over volume or for thick hair, blow the air against the natural downwards fall.
How do I make my hair gently dry?
Use a soft t-shirt or microfiber hair towel. Continue to remove excess water by gently blotting and squeezing with your soft t-shirt or microfiber hair towel. If you have long hair, tie your hair up into a turban and let the microfiber towel absorb the rest of the excess water for 10-15 minutes.
Is it bad to sleep with wet hair?
Going to sleep with wet hair can be bad for you, but not in the way your grandmother warned you. Ideally, you should be going to bed with completely dry hair to reduce your risk of fungal infections and hair breakage. Sleeping with wet hair could also result in more tangles and a funky mane to tend to in the morning.
Why is my hair frizzy after air drying?
This is because the outermost part of your hair, known as the cuticle, actually closes and opens. When your cuticles are open, moisture gets into the hair strands, expanding the hair as it dries, leading to frizz.
Is drying hair with towel bad?
Air drying is the best way to let your wet hair dry. … Surprisingly, drying wet strands with a bath towel can seriously damage the mane. This one mistake can be the cause of major hair problems. Vigorously rubbing your wet hair with a towel can lead to excessive hair breakage and hair fall.