After your tape in hair extensions are applied, be sure to wait 48 hours before washing your hair. The adhesive will have been given adequate time to adhere to your natural hair, making them last longer and hold tighter. When you need to shower in those first two days, use a shower cap.
What can you not do after tape in extensions?
Don’ts of Tape-In Hair Extensions
- Don’t color your hair extensions on your own. …
- Don’t try hair extensions for the first time right before a special occasion. …
- Don’t wash your hair every day. …
- Don’t wash your hair or sweat excessively for at least 24-48 hours after getting tape-in hair extensions.
What to do after getting tape in extensions?
Daily care tips for wearing seamless Tape In hair extensions:
- Keep your hair extensions untangled by taking time to care for them every day.
- When hair extensions are wet avoid brushing them with any type of brush that is not a wet brush.
- Do not go to sleep with wet hair extensions.
Can I leave my tape in extensions wet?
DO: Wash and dry your hair extensions thoroughly. DON”T Wash your hair and leave the extensions wet. Hair is weakest when wet and will cause the tape to breakdown and hair extension breakage.
How do you sleep with tape in extensions?
How to sleep wearing Tape Hair Extensions
- Keep them completely dry. You might probably be one of those people who love to shower at night before going to bed. …
- Free from any tangles. …
- Braid your hair. …
- Turned under ponytail. …
- Use a silk pillow cover.
Can you wear a ponytail with tape in extensions?
Strong, non-damaging tape lays flat to the head so that each extension blends seamlessly with your own hair. … If you get wet and pull your hair up into a ponytail or clip, these hair extensions are undetectable. As your hair dries, they’re still undetectable.
How many times can you reuse tape extensions?
Tape-ins can be reused up to three times if removed and installed correctly, and although it’s an easier method than some of the others, it’s best to have a professional stylist install and move them up.
Is it best to let tape-in extensions air dry?
The best way to dry hair extensions is to let them dry naturally. This isn’t always ideal because of the added time needed to air dry when you have put extra layers of hair on your hair. … If you exercise regularly, you will need to wash your hair more often when wearing hair extensions.
Is it bad to let extensions air dry?
Heat: Using excess heat on hair extensions will reduce their lifespan so you should allow hair to air dry when you can. Take care of your hair extensions as you would your own hair and remember that like your natural hair, your extensions can be easily damaged with too much heat.
Why do my tape-in extensions feel sticky?
Why do tape-ins get sticky? Some pieces will be stickier than normal depending on the part of your head, the amount of oil your hair produces, how much heat you have applied to it, or how often you wash your hair.